The Books of Acts is a real-life look at the apostles’ work to spread the Good News they had witnessed. Paul’s mission to spread the Gospel was monumental, taking the Word to new lands that had never witnessed Christianity. He trusted the Holy Spirit throughout his journeys, letting God decide who needed to hear His Word and His truth. In looking at Paul’s missionary journeys, we can begin to more deeply understand our own mission.
With animated maps to truly encompass the geographical and historical context of Paul’s journeys, Rev. Dr. Ken Schurb will take you through the Book of Acts, following Paul to the ends of the earth in his proclamation of the Good News. This distinctly Lutheran study of Paul’s missionary journeys is easy to use, understand, and study, both as an individual or with a group.
Discussions are timed and included in the duration of the videos, so you won’t need to pause the video or get too wrapped up in discussion. Each video is downloadable to watch offline and includes a leader and student guide for group sessions. Click on session titles below for information on the Bible passage and focus of each individual session.
- Bible verses for this session follow Acts 13:1–43.
- The focus of this session is Paul’s journey, both in missionary work and in the Christian Church.
- Bible verses for this session follow Acts 13:44–15:41.
- The focus of this session is that through His Word, the Lord prepares His Church for various eventualities when the Gospel is preached.
- Bible verses for this session follow Acts 16:1–17:15.
- The focus of this session is that the Lord remains with His Church to bless the proclamation of the Gospel when human plans and expectations are not realized.
- Bible verses for this session follow Acts 17:16–18:17.
- The focus of this session is that the church does not leave people with sin and death, but rather, in reaching out to them with the Gospel, the church brings them Christ and eternal life.
- Bible verses for this session follow Acts 18:18–19:41.
- The focus of this session is on Paul’s “big target” during his third missionary journey, Ephesus, and how the modern church can also aim at “big targets” with our ministry.
- Bible verses for this session follow Acts 20:1–21:19.
- The focus of this final session is understanding that Paul did not aim to simply speak of Christ quickly to as many individuals as possible. He wanted to spread Christ’s Word through his missionary work, and the Word of the Lord is what builds the Church.
“Whenever people believe in Jesus as their Savior, it’s a miracle. And God does miracles when He creates new life. That’s what He did in Acts 13. When Paul turned to the Gentiles, they were saved, entirely by the grace of God, on account of Christ.”
Create an Account Today!
CPH FaithCourses is an online learning platform where students of the Word dive deeper into Bible study. Enroll a group and learn together, or study on your own—either way, you’ll get Bible-backed, author-created studies that will encourage you to grow in your faith.
To get started, simply create an account or login.
Bringing the Gospel to the Ends of the Earth: Paul’s Missionary Journeys
6 author-led videos
Downloadable learner’s guide
12 months of streaming access
Offline video access Group Leaders Only
for Group Leader