- Information We Collect.(a) We may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your full name, address, phone number, email address, or similar, when you register for an account. If you choose to purchase a product from us, we or our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information. We also may collect data through our partners on their websites or mobile applications. When you visit such websites or mobile applications, we may receive certain information about you as described below. We do send promotional emails and we may send you service related emails related to your account. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt out of them at email@example.com.
(c) We are headquartered in the United States of America. Personal information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, partners, merchants, or service providers elsewhere in the world. By providing us with personal information, you consent to this transfer. If you wish to opt-out, you can do so at cph.org/consent.
(d) Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile application each time you access our Sites. For example, when you access our Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your operating system, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and other such information. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
(e) CPH also provides various web-based products or platforms for churches, schools and other entities (“Entity” or “Entities”) to license or purchase which are hosted by CPH (“CPH Web Products”), but remain under the direct control of Customers. Information may be collected by such Entities using CPH Web Products, over which CPH has no control. Individuals seeking to access or correct, amend or delete inaccurate data on CPH Web Products should direct his or her query directly with the Entity who has collected that information. For example, a church may collect personal information about members and input it into a church management software program licensed from CPH. In the event an individual desires to access or correct, amend or delete such data, the individual should contact the church directly.
(f) An individual who is a current or former CPH customer who seeks access or wishes to correct, amend or delete data should direct queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(g) We will retain and use your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services, as necessary to comply with our obligations under this privacy statement and at law, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and for backup purposes. CPH will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- How We Use Your Information.We use the information that we collect to operate and maintain our Sites, send you marketing communications, and respond to your questions and concerns.
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) to assist CPH in improving its Sites’ operation and performance and to help serve customers better.
(c) Instances Where We Are Required To Share Your Information: CPH will disclose your information where required to do so by law, if subject to subpoena or other legal proceeding or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our terms of service or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CPH, our users or others.
(d) Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting: We partner with third parties to display advertising on our Sites and to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools (to learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org). If you access the CPH Service or Sites on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
- Storage and Processing.We collect information globally and primarily store that information in the United States. We transfer, process and store your information outside your country of residence, wherever we or our third-party service providers operate for the purposes of providing you the services. You agree that CPH may store and process personal date in the United States of America and any other country where CPH or its third-party service providers maintain facilities. Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps necessary to protect it.
- How We Protect Your Information. CPH is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to CPH or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- We use an outside a credit card processing company to process your payment if you purchase goods or services from CPH.
- CPH complies with the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC framework starting on May 25, 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) starting on May 25, 2018 as set forth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
- Compromise of Personal Information. In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, CPH will promptly notify our affected customers in compliance with applicable law.
- Our Choices About Your Information. For current CPH customers, you can review, correct, update or delete inaccuracies to the information about you that CPH keeps on file by logging into your account to update your password and billing information. Alternately (and for former CPH customers), you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge your request and handle it promptly. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- Children’s Privacy.Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Concordia Publishing House is committed to compliance with applicable laws governing the protection of children’s data, such as the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For that reason, CPH does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Contests and Surveys:CPH occasionally offers contests. The full rules for our contests are clearly posted during each contest. The personal information that is gathered through a contest is used only by us to verify user identity and to contact winners and/or prize recipients.
CPH may, from time to time, invite you to participate in online surveys. The information requested in these surveys may include, but is not limited to, your opinions, beliefs, insights, ideas, activities, experience, purchase history, and purchase intent regarding products, events and services. The information collected by these surveys is used to research market trends, church trends, ministry growth, congregation and community needs. Your input will help us to improve customer experience, shape new product development, equip church ministry effectiveness and enhance products for your spiritual growth and experience.
- Ownership of Feedback:CPH welcomes your comments and feedback regarding our Sites. All information and materials submitted to us through our Sites or otherwise, such as any comments, feedback, ideas, questions, designs, data or the like, but not content (collectively, “Feedback”), will be considered NON-CONFIDENTIAL and NON-PROPRIETARY with regard to you, but CPH reserves the right to treat any such Feedback as the confidential information of CPH. For this reason, we ask you not to send us any information or materials that you do not wish to assign to us, including, without limitation, any confidential information or any original creative materials such as product ideas, computer code, or original artwork.
By submitting Feedback to CPH through our Sites or elsewhere, you assign to us, free of charge, all worldwide rights, title and interest in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Feedback you submit. CPH will be entitled to use any Feedback you submit to it, and any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any such Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such Feedback without restriction and without compensating you in any way.
You are responsible for the information and other content contained in any Feedback you submit to us, including, without limitation, their truthfulness and accuracy.